Our group has various research interests, all fitting under the umbrella of computational genomics.
- Genomic prediction to enable genomic-enhanced EPDs
- Mapping loci responding to selection
- Population structure of cattle breeds
- Demographic modelling
My extension program, A Steak in Genomics™, works to explain best selection practices and new genomic technologies to beef cattle farmers and ranchers to improve the profitably of their herds.
- Genomic-enhanced EPDs
- Creating beef cattle with a plan
- Using economic selection indexes
- Genetic defects and loss-of-function mutations