Origin: Povidone is a synthetic polymer.
||>=10 g/100 mL at 20oC|
It is also hygroscopic.
- Binder For Tablet
- Dissolving assistant for injection
- Flow assistant for capsule
- Dispersant for liquid medicine and pigment
- Stabilizer for enzyme and heat sensitive drugs
- Coprecipitant for poorly soluble drugs
- Lubricator and antitoxical assistant of eye drugs
- Has been used as excipients in more than 100 drugs
- Used as suspending and dispersing agent and vehicle for pharmaceuticals; also used as blood volume expander
Povidone and Iodine