MU Chemistry 3700 - Undergraduate Seminar in Chemistry - Spring Semester 2012
|Criteria of evaluation||
|Consumer Information, SB 389, #1||3.56||3.67||3.72|
|Consumer Information, SB 389, #2||3.88||3.86||3.79|
|Consumer Information, SB 389, #3||3.56||3.38||3.66|
|Organization and preparation of lectures and discussions||3.73||3.61||3.90|
|Instructor's enthusiasm for the subject matter||3.96||3.96||4.00|
|Helpfulness in answering questions and clarifying points||3.50||3.35||3.76|
|Ability to lecture in a manner which is easily followed||3.46||3.52||3.76|
|Ability to stimulate interest in the subject||3.07||3.22||2.97|
|Overall rating of the instructor||3.69||3.57||3.66|
|Your rating of how much you have learned||3.34||3.26||3.34|
|Overall rating of the course||-.--||-.--||-.--|
|Students Starting (Assign. 1)||32||25||36|
|Students Finishing (Assign. 10)||32||25||36|
|Students Advancing (among stud. compl. course)||100%||100%||100%|
|Eval's Ret'd by Percent of Students at EoS||72%||92%||81%|
|Online Student Comments||Yes||Yes||Yes|
CONSUMER INFORMATION, SB 389, QUESTIONS
1. The course content, including the lectures, syllabus, grading standards, and student responsibilities, was presented clearly.
2. The instructor was interested in student learning.
3. Considering both the possibilities and limitations of the subject matter and the course (including class size and facilities), the instructor taught effectively.
1. List the strong and weak features of the lecturer and include suggestions for improvement.
2. Compare the lecturer to other you have had (especially with those in science courses at this level.
3. List the strong and weak features of the overall course (not the lecturer) and include suggestions on how its quality might be improved.
4. Compare the course with the others you have taken.
5. Your overall rating of the course (circle letter grade). A B C D E
6. My approximate GPA prior to the current semester was ____.
1. Very interested in field of study
2. Very knowledgeable
1. High Enthusiasm
3. Not Applicable for my expected occupation
1. Very enthusiastic about his class. Well organized
2. Top 5
3. No corrections- very good course
1. Exceptional lecture information and writing assignments
2. One of the best I've ever had
3. Maximized as is
1. Very interested in learning. Very knowledgeable
2. One of my favorites
3. Deadlines were difficult, but could always get extensions if needed.
1. Lectures were helpful but some subjects were unnecessarily drawn-out and interest was lost.
2. Well organized
3. Maybe present on exciting topics in the field to spark interest
1. Learned a lot of information how to write scientific papers and to read scientific papers. Learned how to write references.
2. Enthusiastic about material and wanted students to learn
3. Learned to write scientific papers
1. There is a tendency to spend too much time on individual subjects. Lectures could be more efficient in the amount of time used per subject.
3. Too much emphasis on chemical aspects over writing aspects. Statistical analysis section was somewhat poor, too much emphasis on the look, not enough on the meaning.
4. Below average
1. I thought that he was a very funny and nice lecturer. He tried to inject humor into a lecture that isn't the most exciting but necessary stuff
2. He has been one of the best chemistry lecturers that I have had
3. The course was very useful and practical for aspiring chemists. Taught the publication process very well. Maybe the course due dates could be changed to provide more time as opposed to having time over the weekend.
4. One of my favorite Chemistry classes
1. Very enthusiastic about subject matter. Has a great personality and is very funny.
2. Above Average
1. Strong: made the course similar to publishing process, clarified all questions and gave important information for assignments to be completed
2. Good at what he does, cares about student learning
1. Tended to explain aspects of the assignment after they were turned in
2. Spent too much time on things that did not need explaining and not enough time explaining the actual assignments.
3. This class was boring and 80% of it was irrelevant to my career goals
4. Felt like a waste of time
1. Dr. Glaser has some very funny jokes and was able to tell us about the real world. Lectures were somewhat dull and many people don't pay attention.
2. Easier to follow than other science teachers and made things easier to understand
4. Not as challenging as other science courses
1. Weak; very fidgety and tucked his shirt in too often. Strong: Excellent intonation and ability to convey information
2. Very interested in student-learning compared to other professors
3. Don'say that itís a completion course. Surprise students at the end. Otherwise they will lose interest in the course
1. Strong: very knowledgeable and interested in student learning. Weak: sometimes got off topic in class (would talk too long about one point)
2. He was very approachable which is somewhat different from other science lecturers. He was very knowledgeable about scientific research.
3. Strong: broad spectrum of software used and learned. Weak: some of the software was not clearly explained before it was needed on assignments
4. I learned a great deal of practical skills
1. Always prepared, brought life experiences into the class
2. Class could have been more interesting. Best instructors are able to keep a high level of interest for students.
3. Great course, learned about process of publishing
1. Strong: very knowledgeable in the research field
2. Very good. Gave very good guidance and was willing to help out.
3. Strong: learned how to completely write a research paper. Weak: wrote a paper with tight time constraints
4. Very good
1. Strong: was able to give assignments that strongly pertained to academic writing and was helpful in explaining most of what we had to do. Weak: lecture material was often dull
2. I haven't had another course of this type, to its hard to compare. I could tell he was enthusiastic, but the subject matter was hard to maintain a high level of interest.
3. Liked that we learned through assignments/projects, wished we had more time for some assignments
4. Lots of projects
1. At the beginning it was relevant and interesting, but it lost relevance towards the end of the semester.
2. A little boring but good
3. Assignments were good and well organized. more clarity to instructions on some
1. Class work helped teach process of writing paper. Most in class time seemed pointless
2. Enjoyed teaching
3. Didn't seem to be worth the time/already knew most/all info
1. Great powerpoints and explanations but sometimes got off on tangents
2. Very good I learned a lot about scientific writing
3. Some assignments were difficult and required a lot of materials only available on campus
1. The lecture was good overall. Available to students
2. Lecturer raised enthusiasm of the course and subject matter before
1. Great Enthusiasm
3. Course load was perfect
1. Good information, well layed procedural assignments
2. Better than most
3. Material at some points maybe a bit dry
4. Better than most
1. Strong: enthusiastic, very knowledgeable. Weak: sometimes comes off as rude
2. Very knowledgeable
1. Lectures go into way too much detail. Can spend close to 20 minutes talking about just one idea this makes it boring sometimes
2. Really liked the assignments but lectures are boring!
3. Assignments are all good!
1. Try to be more specific to the details about how to do the homework