Research Symposia and Workshops Organized
Cambio de Colores (Change of Colors) in Missouri: A Call to Action. Lead by the Hispanic and Latin American Faculty and Staff Association in collaboration with the University of Missouri-Columbia, the University of Missouri Outreach and Extension, and the University of Missouri System. March 13-15, Reynolds Alumni Center, MU. Over 275 researchers, practicioners and community leaders participated in DeColores 2002. Columbia, MO. 2002.
Hispanic Tapestry 2001. Organized panel of research and extension on Latino Issues in Missouri. October. Memorial UNion. Columbia MO. 2001.
Climatic Variability and Household Welfare in the Andean Region. Second Expert Panel and Scientific Meeting. NOAA. July 10-12 in Puno, Peru and 16-18 in La Paz Bolivia, 2001.
Climatic Variability and Household Welfare in the Andean Region. First Expert Panel and Scientific Meeting. NOAA. July 10-12 , Puno, Peru. 2000.
Gender Groups and Control of Resources. Seventh International Symposium Society and Resource Management. May 27-31, University of Missouri, Columbia. 1998.
Regionalizing Small Ruminant Research to East Africa: Participatory Planning by Objectives Workshop. Participation of Research and Outreach Organizations from Tanzania Uganda, Kenya and the US. March 20-21, Kenya Agricultural Research Institute, Nairobi. 1997.
Synthesis of Agropastoral Component of the SR-CRSP. With D. L. Coppock. Utah State University. November 14-16, Instituto Boliviano de Tecnología Agropecuaria. La Paz, Bolivia. 1995.
The Role of Gender in Crop-Livestock Systems. Association of Women in Development, Sixth International Forum. October. Washington D.C. 1993.
Sustaining Agro-Pastoral Systems in the Bolivian Altiplano: SR-CRSP
Research Priorities for the Next Decade. May 14-17, Texas Tech
University, Lubbock Texas. 1991.
Department of Agricultural Economics
• Graduate Studies Committee, Department of Agricultural Economics: 1994-1995 & 2000-2002.
• Seminar Committee, Department of Agricultural Economics: 2000-2001.
• Mission Statement Committee, Department of Agricultural Economics: 1999.
• Qualifying Exam Committee, Department of Agricultural Economics: 1999.
• Undergraduate Policy Committee, Department of Agricultural Economics: 1995-1996.
• Graduate Recruitment Committee, Department of Agricultural Economics:
Social Sciences Unit
• Representative Social Sciences Unit, Non Tenure Track Faculty Committee, CAFNR: 1998-1999 & 1999-2000.
• Member, Internationalization Committee, Social Sciences Unit: 1992-1995.
• Member, Position Recruitment Committees: 12 .
College of Agriculture Food and Natural Resources
• Graduate Training Director for KARI researchers in the US. The World Bank: 1997-2001.
• Chair, International Policy Planning and Strategy Committee, College of Agriculture Food and Natural Resources (CAFNR): 1998-1999 &1999-2000.
• Representative, NC-208 Impact Analysis and Decision Strategies for Agricultural Research: 1998 to date.
• Leader, Team Mid-American International Agriculture Consortium Women Leaders In Rural Development 1997-2000, and MU CAFNR representative since 1996.
• Brown Graduate Research Fellowship Committee, CAFNR International Programs:1992-1995 ; 1996-1999; 2001-2002.
• Chair, Spanish Advisory Committee, CAFNR EARTH Study Abroad Program: 1992-1993.
• Member, International Policy Planning and Strategy Committee, CAFNR:
University of Missouri
• Director, Graduate Interdisciplinary Minor in International Development, Graduate School, MU: 1999 to date.
• President of the Hispanic and Latin American Faculty and Staff Association (HLAFSA) 2000-2001& 2001-2002.
• Chair, HLAFSA Brown Bag Seminar Series 2000-2001.
• Faculty representative, Hispanic/Latin American Faculty and Staff Association, University of Missouri Columbia: 2000.
• Chair, Video and Seminar Series Committee, Hispanic and Latin American
Faculty and Staff Association: 2000-2001.
• Panel review member, Human and Economic Dimensions of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Washington D.C. February, 2000.
• Reviewer, selected papers, American Agricultural Economics Association, 1998.
• Member, Employment Subcommittee, Committee of Women in Agricultural
Economics, American Association of Agricultural Economics, 1992.
• Guest Editor of Agriculture and Human Values, March 2001.
• Panel review member, CAPRi (Collective Action and Property Rights Initiative) a system wide effort of the CGIAR (Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research) housed at the International Food Policy Research Institute, Washington D.C. April, 2000 & 2001.
• Proposal reviewer for Inter-American Institute for Global Change Research (IAI) Initial Science Program (ISP) Round II four proposals, 1997.
• Member, Executive Technical Committee SR-CRSP, elected in 1995.
• Referee manuscript Agricultural Economics. 1996.
• Member, Registration Committee, International Association of Agricultural Economics, 1993.